This type of study consists of interviewing and/or observing shoppers or visitors of a store, at exit or during their visit along the isles, focusing on different objectives, such as the products observed or bought.
The following aspects may be examined:
- Client’s route through the store
- Choosing the product and brands
- After-sales services sought by the customers
- Attitude of staff towards customers etc.
Visiting the stores that market goods of interest to the study, in order to address objectives such as:
- Presence on the shelves of certain brands
- The space where the brands are exposed
- Space in the store intended for that category of products
- Product prices
- Type of packaging
- Types of advertising materials available etc.